Word from the Editor (Feb 2015)

Greetings everyone,

Welcome back from the winter break! I hope everyone has had a good first month thus far.
The spring semester has begun, and with it comes change. This will be my last issue with the Pioneer, of which I have been a part for close to four years now. The same can also be said of many of the other staff members who will be graduating this semester. I have had a great time working with such dedicated staff to create great content for all of you, and I can only hope that you have enjoyed it as much as I have. With this letter, I will be passing the reins on to the new Editor-in-Chief, Jonathan Austin, as well as the new executive board, all of whom I believe will perform spectacularly.

This issue of Pioneer looks at two labs in the Coulter Department. The first, run by Dr. Shuming Nie and located at Emory University, researches biomolecular methods for cancer imaging and targeting therapy. The second lab is headed by Dr. Garrett Stanley here at Georgia Tech with a focus on neuroscience. We also have an article about WorkReadyGrad, a startup founded by an alumnus of the Coulter Department, Brian Srikanchana, as well as a Biotech Review looking at the OculoSeal, a pre-health article on osteopathic medicine, and much more.

To get updates about when new articles are posted online, feel free to like our Facebook page at facebook.com/gtpioneer or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/pioneergt. We can also be reached at thepioneer@gatech.edu. Once again, thank you for a great four years, and best of luck to you all.

So long, and thanks for all the fish,
Jackson Hair
Editor-in-Chief
Pioneer